News from eGallery.com
- June 14th, 2012
- Robert Roberg's apocalyptic visions have been documented in scores of books and publications, and are in many prestigious collections, including the Smithsonian. We have added 18 new works by this outsider artist, and we have reduced all the others in our collection by 30-40%, or as much as $1200. Please see the Price Reduced! notations on paintings in our "Folk/Outsider" Collection.
We have updated the Haitian Art Collection to include limited edition serigraphs by the renowned artists Rigaud Benoit and Wilmino Domond. These unusual serigraphs, replete with vodou symbolism, were beautifully produced in France in the early 1980s, on very heavy archival stock. They are shown exclusively in the Electric Gallery at very attractive prices.
- March 20th, 2012
- Please view eight new paintings by the famous naive/folk artist Linda Brown in our Folk Art Collection. These are all artist-framed pieces at excellent prices.
- February 1st, 2012
- We have added dozens of new artworks in our Haitian, Folk/Outsider, and Limited Edition Collections. These include paintings by Ward Smith, Gerard Paul, Rigaud Benoit, Raymond Olivier, Laurent Casimir, and Andre Pierre.
Please see the Price Reduced! notations on paintings in our "Folk/Outsider" Collection.
- September 11th, 2011
- We have expanded our collection of paintings by Penny Margolis in our Folk & Outsider Art Wing. Penny's uniquely original style, and the heavy wooden hand-crafted and hand-painted frames make these attractively priced originals some of our best sellers.
In addition to a new section containing Ms. Mera's Jazz Suite Series, a wonderful limited edition series of 24 hand pulled linoleum prints which was used to illustrate "For Jazz," a book of sonnets by Peter McSloy for and about the jazz greats of our time, we have also added fourteen new oil paintings by Nina Mera in our Jazz & Blues Collection. These are all recent works in the 2001-2004 period. No one can evoke the legends of this uniquely American music on canvas or paper as Nina does in these oils and limited edition prints.
- September 2nd, 2011
- We have added eight new oil paintings by the wonderful James Tormey in our Perspectives Collection. Tormey’s "larger than life"canvases combine traditional subject matter with a contemporary interpretation that results in startling images of heroic proportions.
Alfredo Zagaceta C.
"I was born in Pucallpa on April 5, 1977. My parents are very poor. I am their fifth...